Choosing the right phlebotomy school is important!
With the growing and increased popularity of this course in the field of medical health, a lot of people have begun to look towards a career in phlebotomy.
Phlebotomy is one of the few careers in which a person having less than 1 year of experience can earn a significant annual wage.
Because of this, more and more people are becoming aware of the importance of the work of a phlebotomist, thereby leading to the rising number of people who want to go into this field of study.
It is for this reason that it is critical to know exactly what to look for in choosing the appropriate Phlebotomy school.
What is a phlebotomy school? And how can you know what to look for in one?
There are some factors to consider and have in mind when making the choice of the right phlebotomy school. With many phlebotomy certification schools around to choose from, it becomes a challenge to know which one is right.
The Following Points Should Be Considered When Choosing:
- The schools curriculum should first be looked into. The phlebotomy classes coordinator should be able to give you detailed and precise information at your disposal about their curriculum and phlebotomy training.
- There will be a lot of advertising going on, so make it best to avoid those who are just out there to advertise their school only. In order for you to be well versed in the field of phlebotomy, you will need all round classroom, lab, and clinical training so make sure that the curriculum the school has is one that offers you all of the above.
- Another thing to look out for is accreditation. It is a total waste of time and resources to attend a training program which is not accredited at all.
- You will want to find out if the school has a reputation. This is important to the hiring process once your training is complete, as clinical staff are sure to check this out during the hiring process.
- Check for the schools credibility in academics too. This helps save you from a lot of stress later and wasted time.
- Make sure that the schools certificate of completion is recognized and has been approved of by the national phlebotomy organizations.
- Check to see if upon completion of your program at the school, you will be allowed to participate in the required national phlebotomy exam. This may be required for some places in which you intend to work.
- Also, you want to look out for the clinical aspect of the training that goes on at the school. Check to see if you are required to carry out a lot of blood sample collections totally unaided as well as if the clinical training will be overseen by a professional phlebotomist to ensure proper training is given.
As you can see it is very important to weigh in on all of the factors in deciding which Phlebotomy program to choose. This may be the most important step in becoming a Phlebotomist because the competition is getting much stronger as the popularity of this field grows. Follow these steps with confidence and you can rest assured knowing that you did indeed make the right choice when you choose your phlebotomy school.
Other Phlebotomy School Resources To Help With Your Search:
The National Phlebotomy Association – Great resource to help you find the right choice in phlebotomy school for you.